THIS CONTRACT SHALL BE ENTERED INTO BETWEEN THE COURSE INSTRUCTOR, TED PANITZ AND _________________________, IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE SUCCESS IN ALGEBRA. EACH SIGNATORY TO THIS AGREEMENT AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING ITEMS LISTED BELOW AS EVIDENCED BY THEIR SIGNATURES.
I, Ted Panitz, as the instructor of algebra agree to the following actions to be taken by me to insure your success in this course.
* I will provide answers to your questions in a variety of ways which will include your participation.
* I will make the class fun and interesting.
* I will solicit your comments on class activities and your reactions to
my methods and try to adapt
suggestions to the class.
* I will try to explain the rationale behind my class activities to help
understand how it will help you understand math and your reaction to it.
*I will not take personally any comments you make in class that are made
in the spirit of participation
and trying to help us succeed.
* I will never criticize or belittle anyone for asking a question or raising
a classroom issue.
* I will do everything I can to help you succeed in this course providing
have met your half of the contract.
I ______________________ HEREBY AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN ON MY PART TO INSURE MY SUCCESS IN ALGEBRA.
* I will attend class regularly. Only the most dire of circumstances shall keep me away.
* I will commit myself to spend one hour minimum on each section assigned.
* I will read the section assigned before the class and attempt to do the
problems at the end of the section. I will check answers to all my work.
* If I cannot get the correct answer to a problem I will not get mad or
give up. I
will put the problem number on the board at the next class, and continue
working on the rest of the section problems.
* I will take the chapter review and correct it before doing the chapter
demonstration in class.
* I will work with other people in class in groups of varying size.
* I will try to help other students as well as ask for help if I need it.
* If I have a problem I cannot solve I will share it with the class verbally
putting it on the board for all of us to work on and discuss.
* I will get extra help in the math lab or ADC when ever I need it.
* If I cannot complete the class because of personal reasons or health
I will not simply leave without first discussing alternatives with Ted. It may
appropriate to receive an incomplete which allows you more time to finish
the class or an R which means you can repeat the course without any penalty.
your signature goes here